Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back on track


Dinamo sure knows how to get back on track...they came out on Sunday and ripped it up against Imola.  We won by 30 in front of a packed house and very happy fans.  Tony had a great game and finished with 7 pts and 7 assists.  It was so fun to watch them play such a great game at home...now it just has to continue for the next 13 games so the "PLAN" can go on!





They are still 2 games in front of the everyone and we are still on our way to winning the League.  The next home game will be against Brindisi (where Tony played last year) and that will he HUGE game because they are the team in 2nd place!  






Last week was pretty busy actually with both of us having practice every night and me teaching on Thursday...the only thing that really suffers when this happens is dinner...sorry Tony :)  



Then this week was the first time ever I went to have my hair done in Italy!  I was sooo nervous because I just wasn't sure what it was going to be like.  But nice enough I was talking to my star student about it and she offered to take me to her salon and help translate for me!  She was so sweet and sat there the whole time with me!  It was so funny because when I first got there, they were just opening up again (4PM) and there was no one there except us three, but then within in moments the place was buzzing and full of women gabbing away.  It was then I realized everything was exactly the same as home, just a different language, and everyone was brunette ;)  

It was a fun experience and the ladies were really funny...they would try to say something in English, and then I would try to respond in Italian...lots of laughs :)



Then Marta told me her mom wanted to have coffee, and I was assuming at a cafe, but no she meant at her house!  So I after I was finished I drove us to her house and we enjoyed a typical Italian cookie and sat and visited in English for about an hour.  They then invited me to dinner anytime, or if I just wanted to go to the grocery store anytime, just call.  They were so cute :)





After I headed to the gym to watch the end of Tony's practice and then it was off to SUSHI for my birthday dinner!  Of course showing up at 8pm we were the only ones there so it was quick and good.  We ended deciding that $50 bucks for one california roll, and one tempura roll was a little much so that will probably be our last sushi run!  But then the best part was the place across the street that Marta told me about that had fresh desserts with your choice of topping....I got a fresh hot crepe with Nutella of course and we headed home.   



It was definitely a great birthday day with my new hair, sushi and a Nutella crepe :)





This weekend Tony is heading to Jesi for their game on Sunday and I am heading to Philadelphia for some work! 

See everyone in a week or so!  CIAO TUTTI :)

3 comments:

  1. I just love reading about your life in Italy. What an amazing adventure you and your hubby are on!! Memories so many memories!! Of course your hair looks as beautiful as ever! Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bri for the comment! I love reading your blog too...I really want to come to one of your events this summer! You are very good at your hobby...everything is sooo cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, couldn't Tony have just taken you to his salon?

    ReplyDelete