Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snapped :(

Well the winning streak has officially been snapped and Dinamo finally lost.  After winning for 3 months straight, I guess it was just time.  I am sad though because I had just given the guys their pep talk...and they go and do that!  So we are still in 1st place, but now only two games up from the next couple of teams!  



Exciting news for our team is that we are hosting the Italian Cup here in Sassari!  The League takes the top 4 teams at the half way point and they have a little tourney.  There really isn't a reason for this tournament because it rarely predicts the end of the season standings, but I guess it is a nice mid-season accomplishment for the team :)  I am just happy it is here so that I get to watch it live!






But even more exciting news is that we got a dishwasher this week!!  Whoo hoo!  One of our teammates wasn't using his, so Tony asked if we could have it, and he said sure!  So I hung out with a couple of Italian men for about 3 hours while they installed it, good times.  It is so nice to have a dishwasher...


This week it was back to teaching and practice for me!  It was so fun to be back with my students...best topic of the day: the Mafia!  And practice was fun too...but man alive was I SORE...yikes!  Practice wasn't too bad, considering I hadn't been playing much at home, but the next two days I could barely move!  And now this week the coach asked if I could come everyday...hope I can make it :)


And hard not too mention the terrible tragedy in Haiti.  Not being able to go and help ourselves, we hope that the power of prayer from us, and so many others will help to save lives and heal the broken bodies, and spirits of the people there.


Psalm 46: 1-3
God is our refuge and strength an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.


Hope everyone has a great week, and I hope when I write again, Dinamo will be back on track with a win over Imola :)

CIAO TUTTI!!




1 comment:

  1. Jenny (and Tony)- It looks like you two are having such a fun time together in Italy. I can't believe how many opportunities you have there, and all the experiences you are gaining. You are a great example of putting family first, and giving everything you have to the world. I hope all continues to be well with you!

    ReplyDelete