Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New City, New Season, New FUN :)


I know I have been MIA for a couple of weeks, but we unfortunately had limited internet until yesterday!!  We now have a modem, and are waiting for our wireless router...so for now we will sit in the hallway where our single phone jack is to use the internet :)

Tony had a couple of days off so we went to Tivoli, which is a small city right outside of Rome that was really cool.  There we visited the famous Villa d' Este that has fountains all over the grounds that are quite impressive!!  Then we went into Rome for a quick bite to eat near the Trevi Fountain.  We (especially Tony) enjoyed a couple days off just relaxing and watching football!







 We also hosted our first Taco night here at our new apartment!  Adriana (a wife of a player) and I cooked away and had about 10 people full of food by the end of the night :)  I can't tell you how much fun it was to have our house filled with people...loved it!

The Taco night Crew :)
Speaking of our new apartment....I finally have pictures!  Our new place is very spacious and has a nice open floor plan.  My biggest request in finding an apartment is that the kitchen is open to the living room.  Most Italian apartments have closed off kitchens that are little separate rooms...I can't stand that!  I like to be able to talk to Tony while I cook and do the dishes.  It has 3 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms and two big living areas.  It was not furnished that well, and our couches are pretty sad, but we just have to roll with the punches with what we end up getting every year.  This will just make my real house someday so much sweeter!!

OPEN kitchen...love it!

Great fireplace, and lovely couch ;)


View of Veroli from one of the balconies.

Bedroom

View from a different balcony.


Hallway to bathrooms, and bedrooms.

Dining Room/Living room



Things have been quite busy around here with the official season starting last Friday with a game at home against Venice.  We lost...BOO!  But they have a really good team, and we just weren't ready to play.  We might as well get the losing out of our systems now right?

Frosinone Gym where they play their games.


Forza #5!!

OK Veroli...I will let that one slide, but we better beat Imola!




A few weeks ago I went to my first official concert in Roma with Kelli and Kristen.  We went to see Elton John in the Auditorium which is a smaller venue, but there was at least a few thousand people there!  Well it was an experience to remember...we had front row seats that were directly in front of his piano!  We also had backstage passes and got to see the secret life behind the scenes ;) He was so good live, and really rocked the place!  We had a blast and I am so happy I got to go with them!

GREAT NIGHT!


"It's a little bit funny...this feeling inside"

My basketball is going well and we should be starting games in about a month!  It is pretty laid back and the girls are super nice.  I have gone to pizza a couple times with them after practice, which is amusing at times, but it feels good to be part of a team :)

This week Tony plays at Imola and I am planning on visiting my good friend Erica Martin who lives down in Caserta where her husband plays.  The weather has been great here, with lots of sunshine and warmth...but as I am writing it has been thunder and lightning and POURING outside :)  I think we might actually wash away....oh and our SKY TV is out because of it...haha!

I would love to hear from everyone that reads my blog...so don't be shy and leave a comment :)


CIAO CIAO...and have a great first week of October!

4 comments:

  1. I read!! I read!! What an amazing adventure you are on together!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I read your blog! It automatically feeds into my reader and I love keeping up with what you guys are doing! It would be my dream come true to visit you in Italy with Sara!!! We would have so much fun. :) I loved seeing your apartment pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, your apartment looks great, and I can't get over how big your stove is...I'm so jealous!!!

    Can't wait to catch up this weekend. Ciao bella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i loved getting this update jenny! love the apartment & pix you posted. it sounds like you guys are having such an incredible experience over there. if you're still there when my kids are a bit older, i AM planning a visit. :) love you

    ReplyDelete