Well Halloween is officially over and now we can get excited for Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!! :) Christmas is my all time favorite Holiday and I get so excited for it so early because it means we get to be home with our families for a little bit. I have even listened to
Amy Grant already...I just can't help myself her C.D. just makes me SO happpppy! :)
We had a really fun week in Veroli and now I can't wait because my parents arrive TOMORROW!! I can't wait to see them and show them around...looking forward to a fabulous few days!
We had a really festive team BBQ last week at Ivan and Elisa Gatto's house. They were so gracious to have all of us because Elisa just had a baby a few weeks ago! Ivan did all of the BBQ'ing and us wives made the side dishes, snacks, and desserts! It was a beautiful 70degree day and we soaked it up. I had to leave for a little while because I had Mini basket to coach, but when I came back they were wrapping up a poker game...it was all to familiar to our times back home during the summer...Tony even won too!
 |
| My little Fall corner and my cards from my family and friends before I left :) |
 |
| My Homemade Kettle Korn for the BBQ :) |
 |
| Aerial view of the table |
 |
| Could not have been a more perfect day! |
 |
| Thanks for having us!! (Guido Roselli, and Ivan Gatto) |
 |
| Raising the bet... |
We also had a pumpkin carving party at the Jackson house! We are doing our best to keep the American traditions alive :)
 |
| Adriana, Jay Jay, me, Cinzia, and Carlotta! |
Then Saturday the team headed off to Jesi and Adriana and I went to a big mall in Roma and spent 6 hours shopping with a thousand other people and just enjoyed a day out of our lonely houses and Veroli. Her cute son Jay Jay was expecting a package with his Spiderman costume in it, but the Italian postal service failed (very common) and it didn't arrive on time. However, Adriana successfully found a Buzz Lightyear costume and convinced him that Buzz was much cooler ;) MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!
 |
| Hollister store at the mall! (Adriana and I could only handle about 5 mins before the smell was giving us headaches!) |
Then Sunday was cleaning day for me and time to get things ready for my parents to get here. And it was GAME day! They played at Jesi and lost...BUMMER! We played with out our American point guard Scottie Reynolds who decided after being here for a couple of months that this wasn't the right fit and he wanted to go home to give the NBA another shot. SO...Tony started the game and played great with 15 points, but it doesn't matter how well you play if you don't win, so he was still pretty bummed about the lose. The team did sign a new American point guard who will be arriving any day this week. His name is "Scoonie" Penn and is a very experienced player with a great resume. We are all hoping that he will help this team mesh together and be the leader we need to start winning games.
They play at home this week against Forli...I will keep you updated on the results :)
 |
| Tony defending B.J. Elder (#20) who was his past teammate at Cantu. |
 |
| Nice form babe! (3-5 from 3's this game) |
My countdown is officially OVER...my Mom and Dad arrive tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this weeks post Jenny!! You had me cracking up! You look really cute in front of Hollister and I'm glad you mentioned how sickening the smell was HAHA!... you should have also mentioned how freakin dark it was in there and the line that went from the cash register to the front door!! HAHA! That was a great day! I'm so glad you're here so we can never have an excuse to not do anything when the guys are gone, because at least we have each other!!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading it, thanks!!
I'm happy to hear that you are listening to our namesake: Amy Grant! ;)
ReplyDeleteAmy Grant Christmas is the best CD! I still have yet to find a Christmas CD I love as much as that one. Glad you guys are enjoying Italy so much! I love keeping up on your adventures.
ReplyDelete