Monday, December 5, 2011

Summer Sweetness straight to Winter Wonderland


I honestly can hardly believe that we are already back in Italy for another season of bball.  This year started a little bit differently for us, but we have landed back in Sassari on the island of Sardegna.  This is the team Tony played for two years ago when they won the championship to move up to Lega A.  The team is still in Lega A and right in the middle of the pack as of now. The season is well under way and again...can't believe it is already December!  I feel like we skipped from summer to winter in a blink of an eye.

SO since I haven't blogged in forever, I have to give a run down of our extra long summer at home.  It was busy as usual...so here we go:

-10 Weddings including my cousin Chris to Gracie, and Tony's cousin Nicole to Joe.  All of the weddings were extremely fun, and Tony and I were able so see so many family and friends which is always the best.

-Trips to California, Nashville, Las Vegas, Ocean Shores and about 5 trips to lake Chelan :)

-Working for me, house flipping for Tony, and a lot of bball workouts for us both (well OK just rebounding for me)

-We got to meet our new nephew Mason who joined the now Schmidt family of five.

-Lake days at my parents house with lots of swimming, tubing, volleyball and of course family&friends&food.

Here is a glimpse of our summer in pictures...


Our Nephew Brody...such a stud muffin!

Disneyland 2011

The family at our favorite spot, La Quinta Resort in Palm Springs.

Sara, Ashley, and I enjoying the Disneywalk.


The first gal we see in Disneyland, she is always so funny!

The night Liz told us she was prego!
Blakely Ann was born November 23rd, and she was perfect!

At Tony's Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary surprise party.
Had to document Tony's summer choice of facial hair too.  


Celebrated our 3rd Anniversary!! 


Celebrating at Joseph Magley's wedding!


Tony surprised me for our Anniversary, with dinner at Palisades and a night at the 5th Avenue  that was playing Aladdin!
Loved it!

Great friends who I miss dearly, Beth and Jessie!  Enjoying Brooke McCully's wedding!

Nashville where I surprised my Sister Kristin...whoop!

Our darling Nieces Taya, and Hadley up in Seattle for a visit!


The newest Schmidt family member Mason!  He is SO cute...love him!

The day after Nicole and Joe's wedding...such an incredible event!

At Krystal Mattich's wedding, here is a shot of a good portion of the supper club kids!

My Love


My niece Gwenny's first day of 1st grade!

The Gondola ride up at Crystal.  SO cool, but want to go back on a sunny day.


Congrats Yuen's, what a beautiful wedding!

Waiting for the Tower of Terror :)

Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary to two very amazing people.
Tony's Grandma and Grandpa Binetti

Congrats to Lance (my B-I-L) and Kevin for getting hired on at the Enumclaw  Fire  Department.

Wedding shower for our cousin Chris...here with the Miller girls :)

Our badges were awesome in Nashville...so was our hotel the Grand Ole Opry .
Goodness gracious....this summer was a blast!!

We ended up signing a little bit later then normal, so I have officially been here 3 weeks and Tony almost 2 months.  This is the first time that we have been back to a place that we have lived before so that is a new twist on things.  I haven't needed to spend my first couple of weeks walking around with my neck strained in every direction trying to find something cool and interesting...I already know most of those things!  It is actually kind of nice knowing how to get to the gym, the grocery store, re-visit our favorite restaurants etc.  Not too mention this is one of my favorite places we have ever been...so I'm a happy girl.

The best part about this team is the huge group of Americans!  I am in heaven :)  There are 6 American wives/gf's and then three other wives/gf's that all speak English....so we take up an entire row at the games.  I already knew one wife, Gini Diener back from our first season in Castelletto so it has been so great having a close friend right out of the gate. She is due with their first baby boy Jan. 1st so we are all very anxious to meet this baby Diener soon.  :)

The only real downer of this season and being in the first league is that we do not get to come home for Christmas.  If you know me, you know how sad this makes me.  I absolutely love love love Christmas and I am truly sad we don't get to be home with our families.  BUT, that is the way life goes sometimes and being able to share it with my husband and the good friends we have here, will be special too.

OK first blog back from the summer is officially up and running.  You will see me back here soon.  Tony's team heads out of town this weekend so the girls will do some shopping, shopping and more shopping ;)

CIAO TUTTI!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates!!! I can't wait to read your blogs and I LOVE that you are back in Sassari! So many fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smile could light up an entire country. :) Good luck this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Amy, so many great times here. Glad you guys could come and visit us!
    Maria you are so sweet!! I love reading your inspiring posts too...makes me want to get my rear in gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay I just commented on your last post but I just have to say... you couldn't be prettier, and all the people in your pictures are very good looking too. What are you guys drinking up in enumclaw????? I need to get me some of that:) you are a very attractive bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you and Tony have been married 3 years!!! My how time flies.

    ReplyDelete