But before I get to Christmas, a very exciting thing that happened was that one of the fellow wives here, Gini Diener, who I have mentioned before had her baby boy Louis Antonio on December 23rd at noon exactly! It was such a sweet Christmas miracle and he was so cute and perfect. I went to see him right after he was born and he was so adorable. Gini did amazing during labor, she really was a trooper all the way through her whole pregnancy, I hope I can do that well someday! She was truly an inspiration of staying positive and being strong even in not so perect conditions. Later on that same day I went back with Ro while the guys were at practice. It was so much fun to just hold him and witness God's amazing gift of life. But one of the best things was to watch Gini look at him and just light up with joy. I don't know yet what that will be like, but it sure seems magical. Louis is home now and doing really well, I see him pretty much everyday and love every minute.
Louis Antonio Diener 7 pounds and 3 ounces and 21 inches long.
Louis and his little red Christmas outfit...so precious!
Christmas here was very peaceful. That morning we opened presents, ate a Christmas breakfast, and then just relaxed together until Tony had to go to practice. After practice we had dinner at Travis and Ro Diener's house, they were so nice to have us over, and even though there was only four of us, it made it really feel like Christmas to be with friends. The Dieners (Trav and Ro) have been so much fun getting to know, and it feels like we have been friends forever...we almost even went caroling, but saved the neighbors at the last minute ;) The team also hosted a dinner earlier in the week to celebrate which was very nice, and great to be all together.
The Dinamo girls :)
Merry Christmas!
The American table...
The day after Christmas was another festive day, since the Dieners had made it home safe and sound with baby Louis, we had a big Christmas dinner with all six of us. The food was amazing (thanks to Ro's cooking...I learn a lot from her), and the friends even better.
Christmas dinner with the Dieners (yes both couples are Dieners, the boys are cousins)!
Look at Tony's hair in this one...I think it is the longest ever!!
Like I said it was truly a Christmas of peace and joy.
The team had a game on the 27th and lost, but now will have 5 more games in the span of 2 weeks! Game night tonight against Pesaro and then they head out of town Monday for a road game. UPDATE: The team BEAT Pesaro...way to go Dinamo.
Looking forward to a fun New Years eve tomorrow night with the team...and welcoming 2012!!
CIAO TUTTI!!

jen can you believe i just got around to reading your post now!!!! You are just the best. Loved reading it, thanks for the kind words about our little guy.
ReplyDeletescusate amici, non so scrivere in americano e manco ci provo...volevo fare i migliori auguri di un felicissimo 2012 a Jenny e Tony, e a tutto il team Dinamo (in particolare ai freschi papà e mamma Diener per l'arrivo del piccolino).
ReplyDeleteSono contento che stiate bene qui in città,
forza Dinamo, un cordiale saluto...
BEST WISHES ;-)
Gianni "SoloDinamo"
Louis is adorable!!! I look forward to hearing more of Gini's birth story soon.
ReplyDeletePs...I cant believe how many wives there are in Sassari. You must be having a blast.