Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pizza Mom's in Italy :)

Well it was once again a great week (minus Tony's game) here in Veroli because two very special friends were here to visit!  Carol Nelson and Pat Magley were on a trip in Italy and were able to come down to Veroli on Sunday to see Tony's game!  Unfortunately Tony's game was not a very pretty highlight considering they lost their second game at home!!  But I still think they enjoyed seeing a game.

Then I gave them a quick tour of our apartment and we headed back to their hotel in Rome.  We thought we better make it an official pizza night so we stopped for some pizza on the way back ;)  The next day I went in and had lunch with them right outside St. Peter's square and then did a little shopping before I had to head home.
Pizza Group in Italy!

 It was so nice to have them here and be able to share a little bit of our Italian lives with them.  Pat and Carol have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember and they are truly the definition of amazing family friends.

I guess I better explain the "Pizza Group" because it probably sounds funny!  It  started as a group of couples that met at church and decided that it would be fun to get together for pizza on Sunday evenings.  They started out meeting at Godfather's pizza where all the kids spent many hours in the arcade and running around the place like a playground!  The families grew...so we transitioned to having pizza at our homes, and would rotate weekly.  We still have Pizza group, even though it is hard at times to round up all of us, we remain a very very close group and we couldn't ask for better people to spend Sunday evenings with.  The original kids of the group are all grown up now, some are married, some have kids and we all live all over the place, so we are an ever evolving group that has never stopped getting together.

The memories with this group are some of the best of my childhood and life now.  Everyone is so supportive and is always there for each other.  I truly hope that Tony and I can have a group as wonderful as this one day!

Thanks for coming to the game Pat and Carol and so happy I could see you and spend some time with you here in Italia!




OK now for the game results...(thumbs down).  Veroli lost to Udine at home which is crazy, because over here you seem to have a much easier time winning at home then on the road.  SO we are moving on and looking forward to another road win this Friday.  The game will be on TV so I will be meeting up with the other wives to cheer them on!  FORZA VEROLI :)





CIAO CIAO!!!
P.S.  The countdown is officially on till my parents arrive...14 days!!!

2 comments:

  1. Pizza Group sounds like a blast Jenny! I'm happy you were able to show them around, and spend some time with your dear family friends. Good luck tomorrow and yay for more visitors. The Binettis officially get the award for having the most visitors in a season! Ciao bella......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny! Aren't we blessed to have such great family and friends! Thanks for showing them a good time in Rome! I know they had fun.

    ReplyDelete