I always have a hard time starting my blog posts about a big event because I always worry that I won't do it justice, and that I will forget something important! But then again...I love blogging about special events. And this was one of the most special in our family. My little Brother T.J. got MARRIED! He and Ashley Roggenkamp tied the knot on February 26th and it was a fabulous time with family, and friends.
| Ashley and T.J. getting ready for the rehearsal |
Getting home early I was able to help a little bit with last minute details and my Mom with the rehearsal dinner. It was so nice to be home to do those things because I missed so many fun parts of the wedding like showers, and the bachelorette party! But anyway...to the good stuff :)
So a few days before the wedding it started snowing like crazy in our town...and I am not going to lie everyone was a little nervous because it doesn't snow where we live that often, and we were afraid people wouldn't come to the wedding if there was ANY snow on the ground. But God was definitely watching carefully because he stopped the snow and it was almost all gone by the night of the rehearsal! SO that was great :)
| My parents house on Lake Sawyer |
The night of the rehearsal was so amazing, after the practicing at the church and everything we went to Sip City for dinner. It really is a wine tasting cafe but my parents had it catered by someone else in town so it worked out so well. It was nice to have the whole place to ourselves and just be able to relax and have a great time. The night was perfect, we had great food and great company. T.J. and Ashley each talked about their parents, siblings, and then talked about each person in their bridal party. Then the families were open to give toasts too. My Dad and all of us sisters talked...and I don't know how many of you know our family that well, but we are seriously CLOSE and very emotional when it comes to our family members. So we all cried...but we still were able to get out exactly what we wanted to say to my Brother and Ashley. It is kind of a big deal for your baby Brother to get married...
| Half of the room! |
| FAMILY :) |
The WEDDING day 2.26.2011
After we all got our hair done and all ready we headed to the church around noon to get dressed and get ready for pictures. The pictures were pretty fun, one of the bridesmaids brought out her iPod and speakers and we all just danced outside for about 20 mins! It was so cool and I really hope the pictures turn out the way it looked! Remind you that it is about 35 degrees out so we didn't last outside too long :)
| Brody getting ready to be the ring bearer...what a stud muffin. |
| ALL ready :) |
The ceremony was at 3:30pm and it was absolutely beautiful and I think we only managed to cry a few times so that was good ;) Then it was off to the reception in Puyallup where every detail had been carefully planned out and the room looked so pretty. The reception was a BLAST! So fun to see so many people and dance the night away with family and their friends. It could not have been more fun :)
The next day the families went to Ashley's family's house to open presents with the newlyweds! It was a special time with just the families to talk about everything that had happened and just enjoy one last event together to wrap up the incredible weekend!
The biggest bummer of the whole weekend is that Tony couldn't be there...of course this is really only a bummer for me, but he really wishes he could have been there and of course I really missed him :(
The winter wonderland wedding was a true joy to be a part of and I am so so happy for T.J. and Ashley and for their new journey together as a married couple. We love you guys! :)
Lovely!
ReplyDeleteShe is a hottie! Just like all you Poe girls! ;) Really fun! I love weddings!
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a fantastic wedding Jenny! Are you back in Italia until the end of the season now? I am!!! Rome one of these days? Or at least dinner halfway!?!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great wedding weekend! I love big family weddings! AND such a beautiful couple, they belong in a magazine:)
ReplyDeleteYou seriously almost brought a tear to my eye! It's so special how close you guys are and how welcoming you all are towards each others families. It looks like everything couldn't have been more perfect (except if Tony were there ;)!! COngrats to the Mr. and Mrs. Poe!
ReplyDeleteAdriana
Thanks everyone for the sweet comments...they are much appreciated :)
ReplyDelete