Tuesday, November 24, 2009

4 in a Row...we are on a ROLL!

Well Dinamo has done it again. They beat Casale on Sunday by 24 points to make it four wins in a row! To win over here in this league by 24pts is a really big deal, so everyone was really happy and that makes life so much better :) Tony played a good game and was in the entire 4th quarter when they went on their huge run.

The only funny thing that happened in the game is that the lights went out for about 15mins during the 3rd quarter. But it obviously didn't bother our team too much!

Its Thanksgiving this week...how fun! And we actually have something to do this year! I was at an English speaking school and talked to a girl that is from Canada, and she told me about how there is a restaurant in Sassari that makes an American Thanksgiving dinner! So of course I said...oh YES we want to come! So on Thursday we are heading to an Italian version of Thanksgiving with our American teammates. Since there are no turkeys around here, the restaurant owner assured me at the game that he was having them flown in :)




I will be back to blog all about our experience this weekend....

With Thanksgiving in mind, I wanted to write about some of the things I am thankful for.

First and foremost I am so thankful for Tony and his love and support. He works so hard everyday to provide for us and our future....and I don't think I have ever heard him complain. He is the biggest blessing in my life and makes me laugh and smile everyday.  Love ya Ton :)




Next my family...oh my family. I am thankful for my wonderful family because they really are my best friends. I couldn't ask for anything more in them, and I cherish their love and care so much. Being away from them is the hardest part about being over here, but it also gives me a chance to appreciate how blessed I am when I DO get to be with them. I am also thankful that we are all happy and healthy too.


I am thankful for my great friends. It is hard to be over here and not have any friends, but knowing that I have so many good ones back home makes it a little bit easier. I am thankful that they like to email and talk on skype too :)

 


And lastly, but most importantly, I am thankful for God's presence in our lives. He is the rock in our family and I know he will always be there. I am thankful for the many blessings he has bestowed on us, and we are looking forward to where he is taking us in our future.

I hope you all have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Ciao Tutti.

No comments:

Post a Comment