First, Antwerp was sooo much fun! This was my second year in a row meeting my parents over there in November and it works out so well. It always seems to be perfect timing for me, because its always when I am just starting to miss home. We had a great time walking the city, looking at Ruebens, shopping, and just being together! We of course ate at my Dad's favorite restaurants and they were so good! The best part of going to the same places, is that we can walk by the window and see the owner, and have him lean out of the window and say hello, and then make a reservation for later...haha! Another fun part of the trip is working with my Dad in the diamond district. It is so interesting to see how it all works and be a part of it. I always have known how good my Dad is at what he does, but seeing him in action in Antwerp is really a special treat!
The time with my parents went way too quickly but I loved every minute of seeing them, and was so grateful it worked out so well! And I am hoping this trip becomes a tradition for as long as we are over here! (pictures will be up when my mom emails them to me)
Second, the Binetti's were here!! They actually stopped on their way to the island on Sunday to catch Tony's away game in Rimini. Tony had an awesome game and it was so nice for his parents to be there for it. So when the Binetti's are here it is so much fun for me because we explore new places everyday and I have a great time playing tour guide and driving all over our area! Mimi speaks Italian now and it was really fun going into all the cafe's and stores and communicating with everyone...we made lots and lots of friends everywhere we went. The other very nice part of them visitng is that they cook for us everynight and do all the dishes! Since I am still working on my chef skills is so nice to have really good food...especially for Tony! I tried to pick up as many homecooking tips as I could...haha!
Sunday was finally a home game after two road games...so we were all super excited! When we were walking around town one of my fan/friends came up to me and asked if I had seen the poster...and since I hadn't...he ran into a local shop and brought out the game program that folded out into a big poster of Tony! It was so cute ;)
Then we were off to the game and it was a good one! Dinamo won and Tony had such a good game...must be all that Joe B pasta :) Then we headed out for a farewell dinner to celebrate the win and the Binetti's last night. It was so great to have them here with us for a week...we love visitors!
Superstar....
Cheers to a great trip and win!
Tony's the Poster boy ;)
Well this week brings us lots of dentist appointments, practice, teaching, and a TV game on Saturday night! Forza DINAMO!!!
Ciao Tutti :)
Hi Jenny!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and I love reading your updates! It sounds like a fun time with your family!
Hope you guys are well!
Anna